Career opportunities available
Working at Arrowtown Garage is not just a job it’s a career. We are looking for people that are wanting to build a career as a Mechanic, WOF Inspector, Auto Electrician or other related roles within the Automotive Industry. We are looking for people that want to be part of a successful team and grow themselves into share holders of our business through hard work and dedication. If this sounds like the opportunity for you get in touch with us we would like to hear from you.
WOF Inspector and Mechanic
Arrowtown Garage carries on the tradition of excellent small town garage service that has been part of the Arrowtown and Queenstown community for decades on this local site in Arrowtown. Arrowtown Garage offers a full motoring service from WOF’s, General vehicle servicing as well as specialised services like vehicle restorations, maintenance on vintage motor vehicles and custom vehicles, motorcycles as well as playing a role as historical custodians of motoring history in Arrowtown. Our customers enjoy the local service, they know that we have the knowledge and expertise to look after their vehicles no matter if they are for business or pleasure. We offer a fast turn around times, competitive pricing and top quality workmanship. Clients know that they are more than just a customer but a friend when they walk into Arrowtown Garage.
Qualifications & experience
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid Certification
Tasks & responsibilities
- Knowledge of using Scanners, tyre mechanics, rotors, Bushes, Shocks, etc..
- Aircon repairs and fitment.
- Diesel and petrol vehicle diagnostics and repairs.
- Diagnosing Electrical Issues
- Carrying out Full Servicing
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Keeping work area Tidy and in Order